JUDGING STANDARDS FOR APIARY PRODUCTS MBBA Judging Fair Manual
Northwest Washington Fair Judging
DIVISION J – HONEY – 1 to 3 POUND CLEAR GLASS JARS
1) All entries must be the product of the entrant’s apiary and must have been produced within 12 months prior to show.
2) Identifying labels attached to entries are forbidden.
3) All liquid honey shall not exceed 18.6% moisture.
4) Two jars of honey are needed unless otherwise noted.
5) Novelty jar judged on 50% honey quality and 50% presentation.
6) Class 8, one pound or more, in one block, unwrapped. Candles, 1 pair matching, molded or hand dipped. 7) Class 5, wood or plastic frame, wrapped in a single layer plastic or in a large Ziploc bag.
PREMIUMS: Blue $3.00 Red $2.50 White $2.00 CLASS NUMBERS
1. White, jar
2. Light, Amber, jar 3. Amber, jar
4. Dark Amber, jar
5. Honeycomb, frame
6. Creamed Honey, jar
7. Chunk Honey, jar
8. Beeswax, pound
9. Novelties honey, jar
10. Hive product exhibit – see below
PREMIUMS: Blue $12.50 Red $10.00 White $7.50
10. Hive product exhibit – judged on originality, presentation, and neatness